Did someone say lawyer?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by PRODUCTION STAFF from spider-wi073.proxy.aol.com on October 10, 2000 at 22:06:32:

In Reply to: Re: Check out the message I got from spaceproxy.... posted by Micah on October 10, 2000 at 11:36:07:

: Man, what an attitude! First of all he is talking to the wrong person. I never wrote spaceproxy.com because I was certain it would be futile. Their whole business is to protect such troublemakers. Sure, there are those out there with genuine privacy issues, but I'll bet the majority of anonymizers are punks. As soon as I discovered the problem, I deleted the messages and blocked all posts from spaceproxy.com. So, I have never gone "crying" to them.

: His assertion that being annoying isn't unlawful is a joke. Tell that to servers that get DoS attacks. If some annoying person decided to ping Microsoft.com to such an extent that it was no longer available or completely glacial, don't you think Gates could sue them within an inch of their life with good reason? It's essentially the same situation, except Indyfan.com isn't run by a big corporation that can afford the pack of lawyers required.

: So, don't bother writing spaceproxy.com. They facilitate this kind of behavior. They're certainly not going to stop the offenders.

: --Micah

You can afford me, man! My website has taken several hundred anonymous hits since I posted this, in fact, it's so popular that it's freezin--- wait a second...

-+-+-+-+-Mr. Cristopher Daniels
Internet Victim

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: