Hmm...here's an idea...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Valdez from cx540447-b.cv1.sdca.home.com on October 10, 2000 at 22:35:29:

In Reply to: Indy Halloween adventure? You could...if you dare! posted by The Spatsman on October 10, 2000 at 11:14:28:

Nice story. Sparks an idea in my mind. What if an Indy fan took it upon themselves to design an Indy obstacle course??? Completely built up for an ultimate Indiana Jones adventure which tests all your skills including running, jumping, whipping, swinging...everything you got!

: Hey, gang,
: Someone recently asked what could be done in the Indy outfit. I agree that the costume gets you in the mood to run around and dodge obstacles. You really wanna act out in the gear.
: Well, I have a solution.
: It's October. One October, 4 years ago, I visited a haunted attraction, a really nice one. The Scouts in the area had gained possession of about 40 acres, and smack dab in the middle of that property was an old, abandoned railway station from the turn of the century. They cleaned it up, repaired it, had the fire marshall approve it, and they opened for business. I went with Father Fackina, a Catholic priest with a drinking problem...(that was the character my friend was playing, of course.)
: I was in the full Indy gear, at least the best I could do with knowledge I had of the gear at that time. Once the Reaper had driven us out to the old station by wagon, we were ready to go.
: The station had been surrounded with a cemetery, and the line encircled the boneyard. As we ate some frito chili pie, Father Fackina and I noticed that the cemeteries inhabitants had a tendency to erupt from their graves and snatch screaming girls from the line.
: The girls were 'plants', of course.
: It was too good to be true. I approached the manager of the attraction, and told him my idea. He loved it, and word of my intention was quickly passed through the attraction.
: Moments later, the good priest and I were in line, having a casual conversation, when ghouls burst from their ancient tombs. The Father began an off-the-cuff exorcism as the creatures lurched forward, but when they claimed another shrieking teenager, I lept over the fence, and began firing blanks. The crowd cheered, the ghouls hesitated, the girl escaped. Once they turned on me, I got to stage-punch one, and toss another into it's fellows, then Father Fackina joined in, sprinkling 'holy' water liberally. We returned to the line as the ghouls hid, and we couldn't stop grinning.
: Now, here's the kicker.
: A Chinese couple appoached me, and they smiled and nodded, and in broken english told me their son was new to America. He could speak good english, and he liked Halloween, but he didn't have any friends yet. Apparently, he had said he wished he could go through the house with us. I was happy to oblige these folks, and then I saw their son.
: You can guess who he was dressed as.
: We made our way through the house, my pistol pulled, Father Fackina praying for the damned, and this young man insisting everyone call me "Docta Jones".
: I even told him not to touch anything, to stand against the wall, and when the lights began to flicker in one room and all the windows shut on their own, he reacted with pure Short-Round...
: "You told me to stand against the wall! I no touch nothing!"
: That was a good Halloween. Run through a cemetery of zombies, pick your way through a haunted house, use a cigarette lighter for illumination, tell the manager you have blanks, ask if you can have some fun.
: ~The Spatsman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]