Re: Misadventures in leather dressing...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kenal0 from 204-233-248-066.chicago.verio.net on October 11, 2000 at 08:51:50:

In Reply to: Misadventures in leather dressing... posted by Aaron on October 10, 2000 at 22:42:02:

: Okay, when I decided to get into this crazy world of Indy gear collecting, I prayed and I prayed that I wouldn't make one of "those" mistakes that everybody else seems to have just one of. You know, some people sit on their hats, others slam their jackets in car doors...that sort of thing. But I was gonna simply get the gear, and be perfect. Ha.

: I made the fatal mistake of not re-checking Indy gear when I was going to purchase what I thought was the best leather dressing for my in-production Flight Suits jacket [in new lambskin]. Well, I trusted my shaky memory and purchased a big ol' tub [I mean the $22 one] of Pecard's.

: I just now headed over to Indygear to waste some time [er, not that the site is a waste in any sense], and what did I suddenly rediscover? Lexol is the recommended product for new lambskin products! D'oh!

: My question to you leather junkies is, can I salvage the situation with the Pecard's that is already on its way, or see if I can get a refund and spring for the Lexol? Could the Pecard's fare better on this new Flight Suits jacket than on the Wested? Does anybody wanna swap leather dressings with me?

: I'm such an idiot...

: Aaron

I have had my FS lambskin Indy jacket for about a month now and I would have to say that it definitely does not need any leather dressing. I don't even think the leather would soak any of it up if you tried to put it on. In my opinion the leather is too soft and does not show the markings and wear like my Wested. It is like a
designer jacket. My Wested looks a lot more like Indys jackets in the movies. I have been resigned to using the FS as a nicer dressier jacket but not a rough and tumble get dirty jacket.
If I were to order another FS I would order the horsehide. The lambskin is too flimsy and lightweight. I want my Indy jackets to look like Indys jackets in the movies. Like an explorers jacket not an executives casual jacket. With all that said the FS is a very well made jacket that is "Raiders correct".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]