I have used Sno-Seal for years...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.27.205 on October 11, 2000 at 17:41:35:

In Reply to: Another leather conditioner, for your consideration... posted by Sir Ironside, the Red Knight on October 11, 2000 at 15:50:48:

: Greetings gentlemen. On the subject of leather dressings/conditioners,
: I suggest a product called Sno-Pruf (sp?). My shoe repair guy recommended it to me & I think it's great. I've had great results with it on leather jackets & boots & motorcycle saddlebags. It's a pretty good conditioner & water-proofing agent & doesn't seem to discolor or darken the hide. Apparently it's been around a while as my shoe guy was intro'd to it while in the Navy a LONG time ago. One personal suggestion: they make it in plastic tubs now but if you look around you can still find it in little metal tubs. It's all the same stuff but the metal tubs just have a lot more esthetic appeal in my opinion. A little goes a long way so it's economical too.
: Anybody else out there ever try it?
: Have a great day, one & all.

I have used a product called Sno-Seal and this sounds like the same stuff you are talking about. Excellent for boots but I never considered using it on my jackets. Might be good for climates that got a lot of snow. If it is like the stuff I am talking about, it has beeswax as one of the ingredients. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]