I was wondering what happened

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from 209-162-50-216.thegrid.net on October 12, 2000 at 00:36:24:

In Reply to: Wow! Forgot to post the message...Here it is posted by DeWayne on October 12, 2000 at 00:00:35:

: : : : : I'd go with the 6'. It's cheaper and WAY easier to learn on, especially if you have had experience on a longer whip. My Allen 6' even came with a whitehide fall. Very cool!

: : : : : John D

: : : : How long ago did you pick it up?

: : : : -Patterson

: : : I got it in late '98. They said that someone had special ordered it with the whitehide fall, but didn't pick it up. I ordered it on a Friday, and had it the following Monday, if I remember correctly.

: : : John D

: I received my MA whip very quick too. I ordered a 12ft. one. I learned the basics of how to handle a whip with a 12ft. swivel handle American style whip. Big and heavy. Being only about 5'7" it took a while to really get a hang of it. Anyway, when I got a hold of my MA it handled like a dream. Like going from driving a big 'ol Caddy to a '72 LT-1 Vette. The quality is top-notch too! I wanted to order a 10 ft. Morgan, mainly just to have one. I'm not so sure now. The MA whip looks so nice and is cheaper too. Just my two cents.
: See ya! DeWayne

I know what you mean on the price. I'm leaning toward an 8' morgan, as my 12' coils up a little tighter, and that looks better in the holster. I'm thinking it may just be that the 12' is heavier, and has stretched the thong more where it meets the handle, making it coil tighter. Make sense? I don't know either :-)

Does your 10' allen coil up pretty tight?

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]