You Anti-Botwright Folks: A little more on originality and gussets...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JD from proxy2-external.omhaw1.ne.home.com on October 14, 2000 at 03:57:57:

In Reply to: A little more on originality and gussets... posted by Patterson on October 13, 2000 at 17:42:37:

Botwright didn't say anything other than that the Raider's jkt did not have gussets. Period. Not that he didn't make any gusset versions of the jacket for sale during the period or whether he does or does not make gusset jackets for sale now. Nor anything about whether gussets were on or not incorporated on ToD jkts or LC jkts.

Seems as though many people have got it out for Wested for one reason or another. Though I haven't received my Wested yet, it appears to be the most representative of the Raider's offerings out there in color and in appearance. No offence, but the "new" jacket may have all the details, features, and doo-dads of the "sample" jkt from the original movie, but..... If it's horsehide, it doesn't get you any closer to having an accurate replica. Not to mention the color is off from what we've seen in film too. But are you happy with it? I would say yes, very much so from your post.

So why knock Wested for his inaccuracies when you're so willing to go with such an inaccurate in color and in leather choice jacket for yourself?!? I don't thing horsehide was worn by Ford or the stuntmen. Wested's still got the closest thing to what I've seen on film with regards to shpae, color and drape. This is only from photos, but what we see in an instance and what we register on film from that are what matters. To me, the film jacket and the Wested specimens look darn close enough.

Patterson, remember when the people of this forum and Indygear were picking you apart for trying to come up with this latest offering? Remember how frustrated your posts were and how annoyed you got? So tell me, what makes you want to do this to Botwright. Did he do something so wrong to you?

JD

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]