Re: Halloween Preperations

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mola Ram from 204.212.207.71 on October 14, 2000 at 14:40:08:

In Reply to: Re: Halloween Preperations posted by Indiana Jimmie on October 14, 2000 at 07:18:23:

I too love dressing as Indiana Jones at Halloween. I have been doing so for the past seven years. Each year I've tried to acquire more authentic clothing or prop to make it different. One thing that I've found is a hit is putting rubber spiders on the back of your jacket. I have an old leather jacket that I just use for my costume so I don't mind securing spiders to the back. I then take the cobweb material you can buy in a bag and string it around my hat and around the spiders. It really adds to the costume and makes it more Halloweenish. I also have the Fertility Goddess idol that I carry around to complete the look. My costume isn't exact to what these Web sites suggests to put together to make it as authentic as possible, but I'm the only one who knows that. Most people tell me that I look just like Harrison Ford and I've won some costume contests. Another idea I've had but haven't done it is to rip one sleeve off the shirt and get a sword and Sankara stone props and go as Indy from The Temple of Doom. It's fun creating specific looks from scenes from any of the films. Or get someone to dress as Henry Jones and another as Indy. Just some ideas if you want to do a little more with your Indy outfit. Happy Halloween!

: Great idea, Canadiana!!

: I am attending a party as Indy also, with my Wife as marion (Cairo Marketplace outfit), and our 5 month old daughter as the monkey.
: I usually keep my beard trimmed so far down, and it's always so thin, that it looks like a five-o-clock shadow most of the time anyway.

: As for my costume?
: I own:
: Aldens,
: the Disney Jacket
: A Custom-made shirt
: A cheap mexican bullwhip (hehe)
: A holster I just made for myself three days ago
: the belts
: black socks (you'd be surprised how hard it is to find brown ones around here for some reason)
: a whip keeper I made when I made the holster
: and a Last Crusade style hat I bought at a Fred Meyer store back in 1989, that says 'Indy' on the sweatband.
: Later this morning, I am going to a military surplus store I found that has the wool officers pants for about ten bucks!! They are a bit darker and thicker wool than I'd like, but they are THE EXACT STYLE!!
: A bag that I won from ebay, but the buttons are a bit different, with a strap that I made along with the holster and whip keeper...
: let's see....I think that's about it....I'm at work, so I can't look at my gear. I only just finished the holster etc the other day, so my outfit is FINALLY complete....except the pants, which,as I said, I pick up later today.

: What about everyone else? Tell us about your costume...

: Indiana Jimmie

:
: :
: : Im scrabling to get my costume together. I have to make sure all the colors are right, and everything is better that my friends costume. And so far, ive got the better shirt, and leather bealt, while he has better pants and a hat ( I own the worst Indy hat in the world, read my earler post.) Were tied for the shoes, as he has the right shape, and I have the right color. If my Indy costume dosn't fall through this year ( I only hit the Indy craz several weeks ago, so I didnt have enough time to prepare ) Ill use one of my kick butt star trek uniforms.

: : But yeah, a holloween part of this site would be cool. Post your pictures, cause it sounds like you got a good deal going ( WOW! even with the facial hair =) )

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]