Re: Harison Ford is not Indiana Jones: Worth reading

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from pool0620.cvx17-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on October 14, 2000 at 23:44:54:

In Reply to: Harison Ford smokes! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO! (nm) posted by Indy Andrew Jones on October 14, 2000 at 20:25:34:

I grew up watching Star Trek in the '60s. Captain Kirk was great. Later on in life I workes with William Shatner in a Star Trek movie. I learned he was not Kirk. Yes I was disapointed, buy I learned something. He is an actor. So is Ford. Indiana Jones is the character we know and love. Indy is who he is due to a large number of people. Not just one man. Writers give him the words. Costumers give the gear. Stuntmen give him bravery and action. Visual effects crew allow him to do unbelivable things and go places that don't really exist. Make-up artists give him those rugged good looks. Props are made for him to find and use. Crews build incredable sets for him. Of course Lucas and Spielberg give life to him. Ford is one member of a team that make Indy. I know Harrison is the one in front of the camera and therefore most identifiable, but there is an army behind that camera. Without them there is no Indy. Ford is like the ambassador of Indy, but he is not Indy. He would be the first to tell you that. I hope I am not busting anybodys bubble.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]