Indy is the grail; but reality provides illumination

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lobo from ppp05.nwnetwork.net on October 15, 2000 at 16:29:53:

In Reply to: It hits something... posted by graml on October 15, 2000 at 15:22:39:

Y'know, using Sheriff Lobo as a role model ain't workin' out too well.
But many people strive for that cachet they associate with very famous, or perhaps even not-real, people.
For example, Amelia Earheart was so pumped when she got her first leather jacket that she slept in it for several nights, so it wouldn't look "new"; in this, she partly hoped to achieve the glamour that the public associated with daredevil Lindburgh (a hope many Forumians are familiar with, no?). She found her glamour, alright, but it wasn't by imitating Lindy.

It's good to have a role model, but relying too much on a two-dimensional (you read it correctly) product of many writers and a line-reader begs the beginnings of SEVERE dissociation with the real-life experiences one should be concentrating on.
In other words, study those languages, but do it because you think they're fun to know; not because there's a vague hope that one day they'll help you translate some hokey mysticism leading to lost trasure.
Back to being lobo (damn, this Sam Brown belt scrapes in the shower - I DON'T take off my clothes when I bathe)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]