What about that whole "not wanting to sacrifice himself" thing? [NM]

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr4-modem028.runestone.net on October 15, 2000 at 18:47:09:

In Reply to: Re: Jesus doesn't have a vice. (nm) posted by MK on October 15, 2000 at 15:47:30:

: : :
: : : This is tramatizing for me. The ambasador to my idle SMOKES!!!

: : : This would be a severe blow to those anti-smoking programs that teach young children that smoking isnt cool. Ahh yes, I can see it now. Some 3 year old, "mommy, i want to grow up and smoke, just like Harison Ford."

: : : I know that Harrison Ford isnt Indy, but I always used Indy ( and Harrison Ford ) as examples, and goals in my life. But knowing that he smokes, makes my "perfect" idle just a "regular" person. Hes supposed to be superman, and do imposible things ( I know in reality that he can't ) But smoking goes agaist every ethic forced into my mind from middle school. Idles, and such examples are needed in every persons life. They are who we aspire to, and live out their lives in are fantacys. And Harison Ford is Indy, (although the crew did make the movie, no one can compare to the "Indy" character like Harison Ford acctually did.) So the man behind my dreams, is no longer perfect. I dont have anything agaist people who smoke. It dosnt meen that Harison Ford became evil when he started smoking. But I have learned that smoking isnt, well, the best thing to do. It gives me a sence that my idle, has a flaw.

: : : This message will probly confuse, and mislead people, as it is very hard to express my thoughts into word. I hope you understand my reasoning.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]