straps

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walker from r75h19.res.gatech.edu on October 15, 2000 at 19:31:31:

In Reply to: Re: Now I know I am in the twilight zone, or perhaps simply going completely insane posted by Dakota Ellison on October 15, 2000 at 15:07:16:

: : : Ok, SO I have a Raiders jacket and a temple jacket. I got the Temple jacket like 6 - 10 months ago and the Raiders jacket I have had for 3 or 4 years. Now I have heard all this stuff about arm gussets and such and was confused by all of it cuz I had no idea what one was. When I finally got what they were and since I only had my temple version here with me at Georgia Tech, I looked at it and it was gussetless. But today I went home and got my Raiders version out and looked at it.....and it had them. So whats the deal. Why does mine have them and other peoples do not. I thought Peter said in order to add them he would have to change the jacket? Well then I looked at the side straps on the two jackets and the Temple version had very long ones, attached almost inside the pockets, and the raiders one has the farther back on the sides and are shorter. The more I looked, the more differences I found.....Whats the deal?

: : : Matt Walker.

: :
: : I don't have a clue as to what is going on. Just when I thought this whole deal was making a little sense, you drop this bomb on my sanity!. Just kidding, but this venture is getting weirder and weirder. Regards, Fedora

:
: I'm just guessing, as it appears only Messers Botwright, Keppler, Michaelson and Patterson know the whole story, but I think that when Wested started getting more orders for the jacket, that they must have made a decision to simplify the design, leaving the larger collar and snaps for the Last Crusade, and an inch to the length for the Temple of Doom jackets and eliminating the gussets for the Raiders jackets. I think they thought lowering the straps and sewing them under the back flap instead of on top simply was an improvement in styling. Wested was having to buy more lambskin to keep up with demand so I think they figured it would be economicly prudent to order a thinner grade(I for one, living in Georgia, am glad they did this). Matt says he’s had his Raiders jacket for three or four years which would coincide with the beginning of this forum and the first postings of the Wested jackets availability. I’ll bet your jacket, Matt, was one of the last ones to have gussets. I’m just curious, but where are the straps located? All this is conjecture, of course. I could be completely wrong.
: When those in the know decide to tell the whole story, then we’ll know too.
: By the way, I’ve repositioned the straps on my Raiders Wested. Does anyone know what the staflex that
: Peter says he’s putting in the pleats is?
: Cheers!

: Ellison

The straps on my Raiders are mounted about two inches higher and 1 in farther away from the pocket than my temple. But to tell the truth, the straps on my Temple work better to keep the flap closed even though I guess it is less accurate. Whenever it gets cold I always feel a draft near my lower back in my Raiders jacket.

Matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]