Re: Indy + Middle Earth??

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on August 20, 1998 at 07:30:29:

In Reply to: Re: Indy + Middle Earth posted by auryn on August 19, 1998 at 13:52:12:

: :: It's not ignorance that the masses contend with, it just may be information that isn't currently needed, or wanted at the time.::

: No, it's ignorance. They ~choose~ to be ignorant to things that really matter such as wisdom because they're drowning in their own dogma.

"Drowning in their own dogma", hum? Pretty deep. The "middle earth" writings have been around for a long long time. My brother even determined the alphabet of the middle earth literature based on the original writings back in the 1960's, and wrote back and forth to other fans of the books in that "language" and writing style. Years later he told me that it was a great exercise toward beginning his work in college in translation of medieval Latin text, since none of the characters compare to english text at all. Even Tolkien(sp) wrote that his middle earth stories were "fairy tales of past and future", whatever that meant. If you equate fairy tales to wisdom, then you better look up the defination of "dogma". The Webster's dictionary states, and I quote, "a point of view or tenet put forth as authoritative without adequate grounds". We all apparently march to the beat of a different drummer, what ever descriptive adjective you care to use. As to the "middle earth" discoveries, a lot of us have ALREADY been there and done that, and moved on. I can't see Indy with the Hobbit. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]