Re: Indy Special Editions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc from spider-mtc-tc051.proxy.aol.com on October 17, 2000 at 07:30:02:

In Reply to: Indy Special Editions posted by Indiana Eastwood on October 15, 2000 at 17:34:04:

: In my opinion, releasing the Jones films would hype up the fourth installment(if they ever make it)just like Episode 1 was partially hyped by releasing the original three Star Wars films again. Lucas once said that he released Star Wars to fix it and to see if the audiences across the world were willing to pay to see a new one.They should do the same with all three Indy movies, but here's my 2 questions.If you were in charge of fixing it, how would you do it? Enhancing picture quality and THX sound or what? And the next thing I wondered was, how would you make TOD more viewable to younger children? If it's taking out some scenes or changing the rating or whatever. I want to hear from you guys, the pros on the subject. What do you think?

One of the charms of the Indy series is the fact that they were an homage to the Republic serials of old. In keeping with that thread, having cutting-edge SFX would look out of place. I, for one, happen to like the slightly cheesy effects. After all, the films expect us to suspend disbelief and buy into premises like powerful magical/religous artifacts, 700 year old knights, and X marking the spot. If we accept them, then surely effects that are not 100% convincing can be easily accepted as well. (Okay, so maybe they should remaster the sound into 5.1, but nothing else!)

-Doc

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]