Re: i also posted this on IndyGear...looks like more traffic here

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indydawg from 168.9.41.100 on October 17, 2000 at 11:45:55:

In Reply to: i also posted this on IndyGear...looks like more traffic here posted by Indiana Pete on October 17, 2000 at 08:57:03:

Hey Pete! I just thought I would let you know that, even though you won't be "using" your jacket-simply "wearing" it,
believe me when I tell you that you CAN use it!!! It may be that you have to, like in my case,
own a "wearing" jacket and a "using" jacket, but any "use" you put your Wested through is only
going to weather it well and give it personalitly! Just more food for thought!

PS-I also plan to look into the Flightsuits version when it comes out-just to have a different variety!!!

Indydawg

ok, here are my thoughts...

: i talked to mr. peter B. today and ordered the wested raiders, leather linings, zipper on the inside pocket, etc.

: he said they'd already taken care of those LONG waits and i should get my jacket in 2-3 weeks...i really am EXCITED (it's a child hood dream, isn't it? hehehe)

: well, my thought is this...with the recent barage of "wested isn't as good as..." postings on indyfan and other places, i figured i'd post one idea that may be of interest to potential buyers.

: I got this jacket to WEAR as a jacket. i'm NOT going through the woods on my own adventures (modern society makes MUCH better clothes for that than a leather jacket and a hat) i'm not planning on "putting the jacket to the test" by climbing sheer walls of rock or swinging from a vine into some water. i just want a jacket to wear in my REAL life.

: please don't think that this is in anyway disrespectful to patterson et al. your information weighed HEAVILY on what i decided on, and i may be waaaaaay off base here, but i suspect that the recent wested information concerning FS and USWings jackets being more "durable" is because the wested jacket ISN'T made for "truck dragging" and whatnot. i hope you all know what i mean.

: either way, everything could be true...we'll see when the jacket gets here, i may be singing a different tune, but my final decision was made when i figured that wearing this jacket in daily life (consisting of going to work, going out every ONCE in a while) isn't going to destroy it. Also, i don't get out into the wilderness very often and i'm pretty sure i won't be taking this jacket with me if and when i do.

: i hope this helps with those of us who are planning on getting a leather jacket. i think that the best piece of advice i read here or otherwise was from patterson (i think). i read a post from him that basically said, think about what you want this jacket for, what you're going to do in it, and THEN make your decision...(if i'm wrong on who said that, i'm really sorry)

: ok, i know it was a long post, but i just wanted to help (as little as i could) and i wanted to thank everyone for helping me (and countless others) with the "gear getting" efforts! you guys are great!

: the whip in your bull,
: indiana pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: