he grew up with it

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Donovan from dialup-63.208.112.123.Weehawken1.Level3.net on October 17, 2000 at 20:04:38:

In Reply to: Re: belloq's family label... posted by nobody on October 17, 2000 at 14:57:16:

Yeah, originally when we were talking about this a few months back the concensus was that it couldn't be brandy because of the coloring - and we were thinking maybe vodka (someone brought up Grey Goose Vodka as an example of French vodka).

We had ruled out brandy, cognac, armagnac - but if it was vodka I'd think Marion would know what it was, since she ran a bar. I'm going to veto the grain alcohol idea since that's not a family label type of spirit. I think the best final idea was grappa?

It's splitting hairs really, I just got curious at one point what they were drinking and it got stuck in my maw and I brought it up...

: Don't think so, brandy is caramel colored, not clear. I should know, I'm an alky...

: : Hi this is going back several months to a conversation we were having about what it is that Belloq and Marion are drinking in the tent in the desert, we never really came up with a definitive answer, just some good ideas...

: : Well, I was looking through my RotLA Mighty Chronicles Book (sort of an updated Big Little Book, published by Chronicle Books in 1998) and in there it says it's brandy (page 172).

: : Not that any of us were losing sleep over this but, hey - an answer's an answer

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]