Halloween in Tijuana

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-18-42.o1.jps.net on October 18, 2000 at 23:33:43:

Hey, did you guys know that the song, "Desperation Samba," by Jimmy Buffett, contains whipcracks from the bullwhip wielding archaeologist himself? That's right, our fedora wearing hero, Harrison Ford! As soon as I learned this, I Napstered the song right away (so sue me! wait...on second thought, don't), and sure enough, there's Indiana Jones in the background, whipping away! I can only imagine that Buffett heard of Harry's whipcracking abilities from the Indy movies and asked him to try his hand at providing some nice hard swings for the song. And what you end up with is some beautiful cracks in the beginning and during the solo in the end. It's side-splitting hilarious when you think about it! I mean, there's this guy whipping in the background, and yet it has no apparent connection to the song whatsoever! The funniest part for me is in the beginning, where you hear this guy yell "Amigo!" and suddenly you hear the flash of a whip. Ha-ha! I tend to get this mental image of Indy whipping some Peruvian, or something, like in the beginning of Raiders! :)
By the way, here are the notes for the song that were included with Jimmy Buffett's album "Last Mango in Paris":
Background Vocals: Timothy B. Schmit, Harry Stinson
Featuring Reggie Young on gut string guitar and
Harrison Ford on the bullwhip. :)

P.S. What do you guys think about introducing a new musical style to the world: the bullwhip! Think about it, wouldn't you love spending hours listening to music with a bunch of whips cracking in the background? I sure would! :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]