Re: Pecard's Owners:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace064.utsi.edu on October 19, 2000 at 11:46:20:

In Reply to: Pecard's Owners: posted by Aaron on October 19, 2000 at 00:26:35:

There shouldn't be any problem of drying out, but you may want to look around for a matching sized margarine tub lid and replace it just to be on the safe side. It may help it from even leaking out should it get tipped sometime. As to the application, you dab your fingers into the Pecards, then spread it on the leather with your hand, just as if your were rubbing suntan oil on yourself. Don't get real heavy, just a medium amount to cover the surface. The heavier the application, the longer it can take to soak in, and it will eventually soak completely into the leather. It's just how long do you want to wait. Regards. Michaelson

: Just got my giant tub of the stuff today. Two questions:

: 1] The tub came with a tiny hairline crack near the top, reaching up to the "lip" of the container [there is a slight crack on the lip itself as well]. I purchased the largest amount of the dressing available, and I'm betting it will last for a looong time. Should I worry about it drying out over time because of the crack? There are no pieces missing from the tub, just a little crack like on an ice cream pail.

: 2] I've never heard this answered before: how much of this stuff do you need for each item? For instance, when I get my FS Expedition jacket and want to treat it, do I just smear a little on my hands and rub it in, following up with more as needed? Oh wait, I suppose I just figured out the answer myself. Well, give me your insights on this anyway, if you could.

: Thanks, fellows!

: Aaron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: