Re: Akubra best buy...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-180.col.cableone.net on October 19, 2000 at 17:40:03:

In Reply to: Akubra best buy... posted by Abner on October 19, 2000 at 15:18:54:

: If you absolutely dont want to spend more than $100 on a hat, I highly recommend the Akubra Campdraft ($57). You have to modify it yourself a la ribbon and brim cutting, but you get a nice tall crown with little taper in a rugged quality felt. It is a darker brown than the Miller, too. I'd buy another one in a second. I've been planning to put some pictures of mine up and Indygear, but keep procrastinating...

: Abner

: : Hello all!

: : I am looking into the Indy fedora now that I have the jacket, pants, shirt, and gun squared away......but so many different hats that all look so similar. I have only read about the Akubra fedora on the Indygear webpage, too, and for the money, it seems the best hat overall. Can anyone comment on this little problem I have?

: : Thanks!
: : Indydawg

I own a Campdraft as well, and for the money, it can't be beat. It looks practically identical to my Miller, but is a higher quality hat, hands down. As noted below, the PB is the way to go if you can afford it, and if you are looking for the Raiders look. This is the ultimate Raiders fedora in looks, as it it difficult to get that look in any other hat. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]