Another thought

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on October 20, 2000 at 12:09:21:

In Reply to: Indy In theaters update posted by HF605 on October 20, 2000 at 11:45:56:

I think this is a great idea. Once again, though, we're all sort of bound by our geographic locations. I think, though, that if you came up with some sort of program that you could send out to folks, maybe (since the whole thing is for charity) many of us could purchase tickets, receive some sort of program in response to the ticket purchase, then we could donate the ticket back to the college/theater for you to give to kids or folks to come see the movie on us. That way the ticket is used, we have a program or certificate to add to OUR collection, and a ticket is sold for the money to go to the charity, as long as the charity is for something universal like cancer research, the leukemia foundation, diabetic research, AIDS research, etc
you know, something that we all could agree on. I have been a bit bummed to see all these things going on across the US and not really be able to participate. This way we all could have the best of both worlds, well, sort of. I'd still like to see the movie on the big screen again. Food for thought. Regards. Michaelson

: Sorry I didn't make this clear. I am a student at the University of Northern Iowa. I might be able to talk to some people in Des Moines about viewing them on the largest screen in Iowa. It is as one of you said, a 50 footer. I have talked with a film history professor about this and he is giddy as a school boy! I might get funded through the univeristy to do this but only if proceeds will go to charity. If this takes off I invite all of you to a screening of the movies. I would really love to show all the movies back to back but my prof said that it might be better to only show one. I personaly would love to sit through all 6 hours of Indy! But thats just me. Thanks for the responses and support.

: HF605

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]