Here's a picture from October 21, 1936. First commercial flight. Maybe Indy was on board.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-wl024.proxy.aol.com on October 20, 2000 at 13:06:33:

In Reply to: A question for you San Franciscans.... posted by Michaelson on October 20, 2000 at 11:32:42:

: One of the "bloopers" usually mentioned from Raiders was the fly over of the Clipper over the Gateway bridge, which officially was finished a year later, historically. And yet I was watching American Movie Classics yesterday, and they were showing their usual old news reel fillers between movies, and lo and behold, they show a reel from 1936, claiming and showing the completed bridge, with the statement IN the reel that the bridge was done, but would not be officially dedicated until the next year. Can someone shed some light on this who lives in the city? If this is so, then the fly over would be correct, as the bridge was indeed intact and technically completed for the scene. Regards. Michaelson

:
: : : : But, Trans-Pacific travel WAS possible, thanks to the Hawaiian Islands (we didn't buy them just 'cause we like Don Ho!)... Watch the travel montage in RAIDERS, and you'll see a shot of the Pan Am Clipper leaving San Francisco, and flying and stopping all the way to Nepal. Remember, they stopped in Nepal before going Egypt to get the Headpiece....

: : : : Ha! I counter your Trivia Kung Fu with my Drunken Master Open-Palm 'Fanboy Geek' Style!

: : : Then with Marion, car back to Katmandu and Dc-3 to Cairo. Its in the book.
: : : Cheers!

: : : Ellison

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: