Magic Truck Theory

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by New Jersey Hughes from h186.n-D1A278.sac.verio.net on October 21, 2000 at 11:19:05:

In Reply to: That's definately the truck! posted by Canadiana Jones on October 21, 2000 at 05:26:11:

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the truck in RAIDERS was built from scratch, just for the movie. I'm thinking that's what Ford meant by 'our specially built truck'. If DISNEY would go to the trouble of building a (more or less) life-size Imperial Walker, or a brand new Nazi Flying Wing, they might just build their own RAIDERS truck. And it's not like it needs an engine or transmission or something. It just needs to look cool parked...

Here's another theory: what if the one at DISNEY is the one from Raiders? I mean, the explosion in the film was one of those big 'looks big without being powerful' gasoline exlosions they do in films. What if they just put the wreck back together and refurbished it? We already know that Mr. Lucas doesn't throw a lot away; maybe he kept the remains of the truck?

This is an interesting 'conspiracy' of sorts to work out. Anyone know anybody at DISNEY that might be able to help?

Speaking of the stunt show, any chance we can get the producers of that thing to maybe let the indygear guys help them get the outfit 100% spot-on? ;-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]