Re: Disneyland Truck Follow-up

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michelle K from 1Cust36.tnt2.long-beach.ca.da.uu.net on October 21, 2000 at 11:56:45:

In Reply to: Disneyland Truck Follow-up posted by Indiana Jimmie on October 21, 2000 at 05:17:27:

: Here is the only photo I could find right now of the truck. Sorry it is a bit blurry, but I think by this point, we had smudged the lens a bit.

: Indiana Jimmie

I remember letting everyone here know that I worked on the Indiana Jones Ride at Disneyland. Therefore, let it be known as well that most of my days were standing next to that truck. I've even been completely through it during downtimes. It is definitely the truck from the movie! 1) Disney didn't have enough of a budget to create a new truck in addition to everything else on the ride, 2) There wasn't supposed to be a truck, but Lucas (who is best friends with Eisner, the man who was president of Paramount when Raiders was made and now CEO of Disney), donated the truck to Disney after holding onto it for years in remembrance of his serial adventure chase, 3) they repaired it to make it fit in more with the current adventure theme, and 4) Harrison Ford's autograph is under the bumper and he had nothing to do with the ride opening. Hopefully, this is helps with the wondering. The truck chase has always been my favorite of any action film and I love it. I often just listen to the music so it was a thrill to climb into the drivers seat or sit on the bumper, knowing it was the real thing and especially knowing Harrison sat in the very spot. Everyone always called me Marion there! I loved it.

Michelle K
marionravenwood_2000@yahoo.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: