Re: How old Are You Guys?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary from 157.22.206.237 on August 21, 1998 at 15:23:06:

In Reply to: Re: How old Are You Guys? posted by Michaelson on August 21, 1998 at 09:11:52:

: :
: : : :
: : : : : I was just wondering after being involved with this forum for some months now, how old all of the regulars in this forum are. I am 17 so I am probably one of the youngest. How old is everybody else?

: : : : : Matt Walker

: : : : Gary Adams 44

: : : Good grief, Gary, looks like you and I are the gray beards of this group so far! Regards. Michaelson

: : Yes it appers so, but at least we had the previlige to see most of the movie icons when they first arrived on the scene ie: Star Trek,Star Wars(I saw it at Gramands Theater when it premired) Lost in Space and of course the Indiana Jones Movies.
: : Gary

: Very true. Ironically, I had absolutely no interest in seeing either SW or Indy when they first came out. My sister and her then boyfriend actually coerced me to go by offering to buy my ticket and popcorn if I would go, since I rarely took time off of work. I have never regretted those decisions to go. Did you have as much trouble in those days finding ANY Stuff? Regards. Michaelson

Yes, There was no way to know what was avaliable without the internet and I lived in a small desart town so not much was available unless I drove into LA. so for the first 15 years I was limited to a 14'foot cheepe bullwhip and a first edition stetson Indy Hat. It wasent until I got better with the internet and found the various sites and started collecting and spending way to much money! But it is Fun looking for and finding different Indy items so far I have the bag, clover lighter I just ordered a jacket and will be working on the other stuff over time.
Gary

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]