Re: Jackets at Indy Gear

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard Lawson from m203-mp1-cvx1b.gri.ntl.com on October 22, 2000 at 18:27:56:

In Reply to: Re: Jackets at Indy Gear posted by DirtyFrank on October 22, 2000 at 13:59:29:

: : Hey people: I am going to buy a leather jacket at Indy gear, but there are so many dang jackets to choose from. Can someone help me out? Which is the most popular one? Authentic, etc.?

:
: You cannot buy jackets at IndyGear, they only compare gear provided by other people...they do tell you where you can get all the gear. As far as being authentic, I here the flightsuit jackets are the best, and the most expensive. Wested are good, come with a cirificate of authenticity, but the stitching isn't the greatest, and the lambskin is paper thin. Cooper are not all that authentic, but are more rugged than the Wested...and cheaper. So it really depends on what you want to use the jacket for and how authentic you want it to look. -DF

Having just bought a Wested Raiders jacket I can honestly say you will not be dissapointed. The jacket is of VERY good quality and authentic to the original. The lambskin is NOT paper thin as the obove says. The jacket has the right weight about it and it fits like a glove. It only took Peter Botwright and his team 14 days to make it and get it to my house (UK). Thats what I call service. So, after looking through all the jackets before I finaly made my choice like yourself, I would go for the Wested. THE only original jacket out there...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]