Re: The Next Indy Film

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HK from igw-se.astra.com on October 24, 2000 at 03:37:08:

In Reply to: The Next Indy Film posted by Indy Fan 02384023 +23422 on October 23, 2000 at 23:43:43:

Okay for Indy 4 - the things I'd like to see are:-

Different settings - I know that many ancient civilisations were based in deserts or jungles, but I'd like to see Indy at work in Northern conditions - snow based action sequences are always fun.

No Nazis for Pete's sake. I doubt that Speilberg will utilise Nazis after having done Schindlers list anyway. Have Indy go against the Russians or the Chinese! Hell, even the organisation of some Alistair Crowley style occultist.

If I see someone back from Indy 1 - 3 then I'd like to see Short Round (Sallah's been done twice and the father /son relationship was kind of dealt with in Last Crusade).

An ideal plotline would be . . . Indy's daughter (who he didn't know about) is kidnapped by a villainous horde. He has to go and find her and along the way Short Round joins the quest. During the course of the film I'd like to see Shorty and Indy's daughter falling for each other - effectively turning Indy into the disgruntled father.

Yeah, a huge fight with Pat Roach is obligatory as is an icky animal scene and a booby trap of some kind.

I would like to see some more mysticism.

What I don't want to see is Indy being obssessed with self doubt and pulled into actiopn obne last time. I hate that idea with a passion.

Anyway, my thoughts

HK

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: