I agree! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Pete from AC835054.ipt.aol.com on October 24, 2000 at 08:04:51:

In Reply to: The Indiana Jones trilogy has always had one big problem: posted by graml on October 24, 2000 at 07:35:12:

: ...decent storylines that are pretty interesting. Some of you may not consider that a problem, but compared to a lot of other action/adventure movies (with their incomprehensible, throw-away plots), Indy's storylines have always been interesting. I'm hoping that Lucas won't try to blow us away with effects and thereby skimp on the story (I am trying VERY HARD not to say Phantom Menace!); Indy's always been more three dimensional than your average movie hero. Whether he was depressed and suicidal in Raiders or reconsiling with his father in Crusade, Indy's always been portrayed as more than just a rough-and-tumble gamecock (why am I suddenly using 1890s slang?). On the other hand, I'd like Indy to stay true to his swashbuckling, 1930s serials roots. The last thing we need is a sober and somber Indy, commenting on the passing of his youth! So Lucas and company will need to temper their desire to display their amazing technical talent for stunts and explosions with a desire to give the audience an intelligent storyline. Okay...I'll stop typing now...
: -graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]