Sorry - I meant Indy Web, not Indy Net...(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on October 24, 2000 at 13:42:37:

In Reply to: Flight Suits, kangaroo skin, and short cuts used by 15 year olds... posted by Patterson on October 24, 2000 at 13:02:21:

: I've been scratching my head over just how folks thought FS was offering kangaroo skin. Yesterday I was finally able to get Indy Net open and was browsing through the Indy Wear sections. After reading that FS was in fact offering kangaroo on Indy Net, I began to realize where this may have come from.

: In my post explaining my initial switch from horsehide to goatskin (see "More ramblings from the leather-dependant - Actually, fairly important Flight Suits information!”) ended with a snide remark:

: "Now, [if] Dave or Lee call and ask me to look at a swatch of veg tanned kangaroo in seal brown, I will be checking in to the local rehab center for some quiet time…"

: That was a joke, and I'm sorry if any forum member may have taken it as anything else. The part that disturbs me is that it was reported as a fact – very quickly, and without any attempt to confirm.

: Ok, some may say I'm anal. But I feel like what advice I put out - especially on IndyGear - may very likely result in somebody parting with hard earned cash to buy something. As such, I do something that may seem revolutionary - I EMAIL, CALL, OR EVEN (gasp) VISIT A SUPPLIER OF A GEAR ITEM. I do not regurgitate the research work of others and call it (either implicitly or explicitly) my own work. If I use somebody else’s' work, I give them credit.

: I'm disappointed.

: -Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: