Probably no more than is what the problem is with yours...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on October 24, 2000 at 15:41:25:

In Reply to: Michaelson, you said the shoes were for orthopedic foot correction...WHAT was wrong with Indy's feet? (nm) posted by Indy Pete on October 24, 2000 at 08:07:19:

..which is probably nothing. (grins) The 405 is listed in the Alden catalog as being build on an orthopedic last. Now other than the obvious reason as to why I got my pair, my doctor also prescribed them for me (without any prompting, I may add!). But lets' face it, they're tough a shoe as one can get, and so make perfect sense for someone involved in a lot of field work and on their feet a lot. Regards. Michaelson

: : I know I haven't mentioned it as that has not been my experience with Aldens, and I've owned two pairs to date, and always order my regular size. They've been dead on every time. Not sure what happened in your case, but I always recommend ordering your size AFTER being sized by a reputable shoe salesman or foot doctor. I'd never recommend ordering anything but your correct size with this shoes, as they're made for orthopedic foor correction, and may cause problems for you at a later date by not fitting your foot in the correct places. Time will tell, and I hope I'm wrong in your case, but I do know that I have developed a symptom called Morton's Neuroma in both my feet due to wearing shoes smaller than my regular size. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Regards. Michaelson

: : : Last week I had sent the original pair of 10.5's back in exchange for a 10. Man, what a difference. The 10.5's looked like what the other guy called 'clown shoes', but these 10's look normal. They fit a lot better too, I can't believe a half size made that much difference. I wish I'd known to order a half size smaller than usual in the first place, it's funny none of the "gear" websites mention this. And they're a whole size smaller than what I wear in tennis shoes. Seems like that'd be a pretty useful piece of information to pass on to fellow fans, but maybe I'm the only one who ran into it.

: : : Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]