i'm not sure henry sr. knew the severity of the situation...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Pete from 192.217.12.16 on October 25, 2000 at 05:58:00:

In Reply to: A thought. (discrepancy?) posted by Canadiana Jones on October 25, 2000 at 05:02:29:

: Why was Indy's dad so shocked when Indy shot the Nazis in the Castle Brunwald? Wouldn't Indy's dad have known Indy fought in wars when he was younger? The thought of his son shotting an enemy in war time shouldn't have been a big shocker.

Well, i'm not exactly a history scholar, but i think it may be because the two of them were not "at war" at the time. the only thing happening concerning them was "archaeology". now, i think that if you or i went into the office, and then shot someone, we'd be either a postal employee, or a bit out of sorts, which is why henry sr. MIGHT have been shocked by what he saw. this wasn't over a "holocost" or a "world war", it was over his diary, or more specifically, the search for the grail, something that henry sr. has done for MANY YEARS

and all without killing a single person...

now, during war time, i'm sure henry sr. WOULDN'T be surprised by his son killing anyone, but i think that like this, outta the blue, it may have seemed "excessive".

now an argument may be brought up about "he WAS held captive ya know" yeah, i know, customs in other countries can hold you no matter what and with what EVER they want (meaning "charges"). back in those days, it wasn't uncommon for people to be held in other countries (esp. germany) for the most outlandish reasons. but it wasn't considered an act of war.

so there ya have it, an uneducated person TRYING to sound educated...

thanks for readin' it was fun writin'
indy pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: