Giving Indy a child would rob him of his rugged batchlor character. Once you change Indy like that, the movie becomes a spinn off. Other than that, its a realy good script. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Andrew Jones from 1Cust95.tnt5.san-francisco3.ca.da.uu.net on October 25, 2000 at 18:47:37:

In Reply to: My personal Template for INDY IV posted by HK on October 25, 2000 at 06:57:53:

: This is the structure that I'd employ in Indy IV - just personal ramblings so no offence meant.

: Teaser - I would have a scene set during WWII, possibly have Indy trying to retreive something from a chateau in Northern France as the D-Day landings are going on nearby. Show a little of his involvement in this conflict (I've heard that it's been speculated that Indy worked with the OSS during WWII).

: Move on a few years to 1947 - Indy is still teaching and in his new class is a young student who knows so much about archaeology that it really impresses Indy, but she seems to loathe him. Indy tries to win her admiration but is shunned.

: At night, some unidentified thugs break into the college storeroom and steal something that Indy found years previously in China. During the theft the student is kidnapped by them and held hostage tp prevent Indy from stopping them.

: A car chase follows and then an action scene where Indy saves the girl from the thugs - who turn out to be Chinese and the entire building goes on fire.

: The girl reveals herself to be Indy's daughter from a brief liaison with one of the women from his past (whether this is Marion or Willie or indeed someone else is open for suggestion). She also tells Indy that she knows exactly what was taken but won't tell him unless he allows her to tag along.

: They travel to Hong Kong where Indy meets up with Short Round - now young archaeologist himself.

: An action scene takes place in and around the junks and boats of Hong Kong harbour - the villains are revealed to be the forces of Mao Tse Tung.

: The search takes them into the interior of China - Indy gets involved in a big fight with a big soldier.

: They find the first piece of the artefact in a cave full of bats

: A huge action scene takes place on a heavily armoured train - Jones and his party are captured and the villain is revealed to be a beautiful Chinese woman.

: They escape and a huge horse chase follows - the villains are in various vehicles - Indy's daughter is recaptured.

: Indy and Shorty find the second piece of the artefact in a ruined Shaolin temple and evade a number of booby traps.

: Indy decides to barter the artefacts for his daughter.

: They escape from the villains in a hot air balloon and more action follows

: The trail leads to Afghanistan and the temple of the final treasure - something very powerful and ancient (have no idea of what). Big action finale and then the evil forces are decimated by the artefact.

: Indy is shocked to see Short Round and hisdaughter kiss.

: I think this would work on a whole load of levels. Indy is still adventuring but is forced into a different perspective when his daughter becomes involved. Shorty could be like Indy in ToD - young and full of dreams of fortune and glory. The burgeonining romance between Shorty and Indy's daughter could create friction between the men and be fairly humorous.

: These are just bare bones of an idea.

: What does anyone think

: HK

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: