My ideal hybrid indy jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from 24.116.26.218 on October 26, 2000 at 23:49:49:

With so much talk lately of leathers and such, I have come up with an ideal Indy jacket. First of all, you have to consider what Indy's jacket would have to contend with on his adventures, and go from there. Most of the jacket would certainly have to be constructed from veg tanned leather. No wimpy one day chrome tanned leather here! This jacket has got to have that water resistance found only in veg tanned stock. So what if it doesn't drape as well as lambskin, we are talking armor here, pure and simple. The sleeves must be constructed of horsehide, for crawling through caves and such, Veg tanned, mind you. The body of the jacket will be made of goatskin. If this was good enough for our WW2 pilots, it is good enough for me. Lambskin is for prissy little boys. Has no place on a real man's jacket. Let the women use this stuff. Looks better on purses and dress gloves anyway. And this jacket must have gussets. This ain't no dress coat. Real men need gussets! And one more thing. I want the lining in the sleeves to be satin, with the main lining being cotton. And I want the action pleats to be functional,and look good in the process. I figure that is the way Indy would want it. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]