Just visited the Museum of American History in D.C. and finally saw with my own eyes theJacket and hat...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by S. William from whost1-clt.ratedg.com on October 27, 2000 at 00:41:45:

This past Tuesday, I visited the Smithsonian's Museum of American History, and finally saw the "Last Crusade" Jacket and hat. What got me was that in the same case was Minnie Pearls hat with price tag and a phaser from Star Trek. Why are these two items and a huge picture of Mr. Spock as a backdrop displayed with our hero's articles of clothing? Just a question, no need for an answer.

Well, anyway I was wearing my Wested Raiders jacket, and it was great to see that the jacket behind the case and the one I was wearing were made by the same company! I compared pocket sizing, seams, and the way the jacket looked. Of course mine didn't have the snaps on the front flaps, bigger collar and longer size, but I expected that anyway. Also to those of you who distress your jackets, I solute you, it definately gives the jacket more character. Mine still looks shiny and new, got to get out and have more adventures.

That was just my reaction to the display, I got my picture beside it and read the card (showing Indy in Raiders facing the Cobra). It stated that the movie actually made people want to wear those articles of clothing for sense of adventure, I thought that was neat. I e-mailed Peter thanking him for giving us a peice of American popular culture.

S. William

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]