Re: A few more questions about MKVII from Roadster Factory...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from 209-162-49-175.thegrid.net on October 27, 2000 at 01:47:08:

In Reply to: A few more questions about MKVII from Roadster Factory... posted by Michigan Smith on October 26, 2000 at 23:38:02:

: I don't see anything listed on their website about this item (or any other miltary surplus). Can someone who got one from them tell me again, what was the price, shipping costs, and condition of the bag they received? I understand their bags are "unissued", but hows the coloring? Are they faded or off color, or is it the good solid green?
: THX

Hello again,

The bags I got from the Roadster Factory were almost all the green color. I got a total of 5 bags and only one was the off green/mustard color. You could probably request the color and snap style that you want, I've always gotten great customer service from them. The phone # is 800-234-1104, and the part # is RFN291. And all the bags I got were in perfect, brand new condition. No fading of the color. The price is about $30, I don't think the shipping was more than $5. They shipped quick too, very nice.

I asked them why they carried these, it seemed a little odd to me. They said that the owner has carried them as a tool bag for years, and he thought it would be a cool item for his customers. They had no idea they were an Indy collectible.

I can't remember who first posted this info, but Thanks Again!! It's a great source for an important gear item.

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]