Re: Indy 4 Priorities

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Solo4114 from els5216.dhcp.law.emory.edu on October 27, 2000 at 10:00:37:

In Reply to: Re: Indy 4 Priorities posted by Indiana Eastwood on October 27, 2000 at 00:31:15:

I still think that you could have a bit of humor about Indy's age or, if you bring in old characters (IE: Short Round, Marion -- who I'd prefer not to see in this...) you could still have them ask what happened to him. I think you'd need to have a "where've you been" scene, if only to explain what's happened to the relationship between the two characters over the years. I would, however, prefer not to have the whole movie be nothing but "I'm getting too old for this sh!t" jokes. That's been done to death in the Lethal Weapon movies, and in my opinion, the fourth one of those movies was pretty lame. Too many extra characters, too much "We're too old" humor, etc.

The point is, Indy may be older, but he's still tough. Sure he doesn't weather the fight as easily as he used to, but he still pulls through to the end and wins nonetheless.

Oh, one thing, as for Roger Moore being a 57-year-old Bond, personally, I thought his later performances were rather lacking. The character of Bond is supposed to be young-ish and timeless. He doesn't age, really. I mean, if you look at the basic original story, I think Bond served in WWII as a very young soldier. Also, it seemed as if, in A View to a Kill (Moore's last Bond film), that they were really pushing it to have him come off as still being just as attractive to women as he'd always been. Then again, I've never liked the Roger Moore Bond movies that much anyway. :)

Dan Shay

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]