Huge ALERT! Indy N64 BIG NEWS!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr4-modem018.runestone.net on October 28, 2000 at 12:14:50:

Sorry for the sensationalism in the title, but this is must know information about Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine for N64.

Head on over to ign64.com--they've reported [from the source, LucasArts] that Indy N64 will not[!] be shipping as retail title!

Pause here for a moment to give a "wtf?".

They spouted some nonsense reason about the costliness of publishing cartridge titles. Yes, I realize that the N64 is "dying," but I don't think LucasArts realizes what a tightly-controlled, great looking game they have there [if anyone's been keeping up on the news of the game you'll find that the previews have all been raves].

Anyway, folks, you can still get a copy, using one of two ways--Blockbuster video rental stores will be receiving copies of the game on December 11th, for rental-only purposes. In other words, the only way you can keep a copy from Blockbuster is to steal it [I, uh, wouldn't recommend this one], or wait several years for when they put their copy up for sale.

The better method would be to log onto lucasarts.com, go to the company store, and preorder a copy for only $49.95 with free shipping and handling. I've posted a link below.

Now, for a quick two cents, is it just me, or is anybody else feeling like Indy is once again been predicted to be an unprofitable franchise before he even hits the market? LucasArts et al: GIVE INDY A CHANCE!

[sigh] That's better. No go! Go! Preorder like the wind!

Aaron uses too many italics.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]