Re: You've got to tell me how to do that!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert D. Powell from 1Cust241.tnt2.hou3.da.uu.net on October 28, 2000 at 13:40:31:

In Reply to: You've got to tell me how to do that! posted by Jay on October 28, 2000 at 08:46:06:

ok..

First of all, you can download a free 30-day trial version of Macromedia Flash at macromedia.com and then you need an MP3 version of the Indiana Jones music.

Alright, you can basically find Indiana Jones mp3 files just about anywhere on the internet.. if you look hard enough. I just recorded a track off of my Indiana Jones CD and converted it to MP3. It's easy to do if you have the Music Match player.. which all you have to do is select the track on the CD you want converted to MP3 format and then click "Record" and it will do it for you.

Next step, you have to convert the MP3 file to a ".wav" file. That part is also pretty easy, and you can find programs that will do it for you fairly easy.

Last step, you simply open up Macromedia Flash and insert the ".wav" file. The great thing about this, is the files are saved as .swf, not like .wav or something. Indy.swf is the name of the file you were listening too. Another good thing about .swf files is that no matter what, your not going to be able to save the file to your own hard-drive.

Anyway, that's basically how you do it. Maybe next post I'll include that "Miracle of the Ark" music, or maybe "Escape from Venice". ;-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]