Re: Aren't you jumping the gun a little bit?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dog from 64.14.248.62 on October 28, 2000 at 14:55:28:

In Reply to: Aren't you jumping the gun a little bit? posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on October 27, 2000 at 13:45:41:

: How do you know they would ever put any of these elements into Indy IV? You're over-assuming, especially since we don't know what the storyline will be.

: I can understand your points as something you DON'T want to see happen.

: But I fail to see why Indyfans are so against seeing martial arts in these movies, especially when martial arts has ALREADY been used. Ever seen Temple of Doom? Short Round seemed to do a lot of that stuff. You guys seem to treat "The Matrix" and John Woo's films as if they were "Plan 9 From Outer Space" or something.

: Plus, never in a million years are they going to make a spin-off Indy where they pass the whip to a young boy or some chick. They're not going to do that. That's very beneath Spielberg's talents. If they're so reluctant to make an Indy IV do you honestly think they're going to put in elements like that?
-
I never even mentioned a John Woo film (even though MI2 was a piece of garbage movie with the same old tired fight scenes. Plus with the faces coming off all the time it was nothing more than a bad Scooby Doo show) but if anyone thinks that it is ok to have the same style of fighting in an Indiana Jones movie as in the Matrix, they're insane. They got by the unrealistic moves and fighting in the Matrix because they were 'in a computer program.' As for seeing TOD, I think most would agree that if that was out before 'Raiders' there wouldn't have been anymore IJ movies. The movie fell very short of being considered a good film. they tried to lighten up the darkness of it(which was the best part) by giving us the stooge as Willie Scott and the cutesy Short Round. I don't think the few kicks that he threw in the movie would go down as 'martial arts.' IJ kicked the German mechanic in the nuts in 'Raiders' do you consider that martial arts. Without SR and WS, Temple of Doom could've been a much better picture.
As for the hat not being passed. Indiana Jones movies can be made without Speilberg and Ford. Everyone has a price and the rights to IJ can be bought. I agree that I couldn't see anyone besides HF playing IJ, but I wouldn't count on it not being tried. Hollywood is a business and if they think they can make money off something they'll do it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]