Raiders showing in Pa.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rocky from proxy3-external.oaks1.pa.home.com on October 29, 2000 at 00:05:04:

Hi guys,

My son and I just got back from a showing of Raiders of the Lost Ark here in Middletown, Pa. A little town on the outskirts of the state capitol of Harrisburg. And what made it even better-it was the remastered print. The theatre owner said he was able to get his hands on a copy thanks to some info from a friend of his. All I can say is...WOW!!! The print looked great. Clean and crisp. And the digital sound was awesome. I'm really glad we made it to go see it. My son is 18 years old, and this is the first time he saw it on the big screen.
It's incredible what you miss. For example- We all know of the fly on Belloq's mouth, but did anyone see the fly on Indy's nose when he was just about to cut Marion free in the tent? Or how about the fly that lands for a second on the bazooka that Indy is using to point at the Ark? When Indy and Sallah get to the map room, and Indy is about to descend into it, off in the background, under a dirt covered tarp is the flying wing, and the tower that blows up right after the flying wing explodes.
It was a really great time, and we both loved it. The theatre was real nice as well, but the owner didn't sound too confident that it would be open too much longer. At least that was the impression I got. All I can say is that if a small local theatre closes, a part of Americana history closes with it. My son asked me if I thought I will see Raiders on the big screen again after tonight. I answered yes, but it would be a shame if I was wrong. Movies of Raiders stature need to be seen on the big screen once in a while. Many thanks to Cinemax, Paramount and the big three for making Raiders available for remastering and digital mixing. A great job was done.
If it comes to your local theatre, DON'T MISS IT. You will enjoy it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]