Er, here's a version with less italics!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron from usr1-modem063.runestone.net on October 29, 2000 at 00:38:43:

In Reply to: More... posted by Aaron on October 29, 2000 at 00:36:15:

: Yes, there will be differences between the two. First of all, the control style [and the control responsiveness] is reportedly improved overall. The dev team adopted a Zelda-esque control style [right down to the little pictures of the buttons in the upper right-hand corner!]. The game also looks to be one of the "crispest" games for the 64 [check out IGN64 and get a load of the movies and screens].

: If you do check the IGN site, look at their "5 days with Indy" coverage of the game. They talk about different cinemas [is that newspaper headline segment in the PC version?]--including an extra 3D airplane overlay for those famous map-montage scenes. Yum! Which reminds me--those map scenes are only to preserve the Indy feel, not to be used as loading screens--'cause with the N64, load times are minimal to nonexistent.

: And, could somebody clarify this for me: I thought I remembered hearing something about an N64 exclusive secret level?

: And on your Star Wars vs. Indy gripe--you said it! For instance, take the 64 title "Star Wars Episode I: Racer." Now, I make a good part of my living retailing video games, and let me tell you, LucasArts burned so many copies of this game [before it was even market tested!] that stores everywhere still now have tons of 'em in stock. The only way they can get rid of them and not completely lose out is to sell the game for around $9! Trust me, that's a big hit in their projected wallet! And why do this? Well, of course, because it's Star Wars--there's no such thing as too much Star Wars! Yeah, right. Don't even get me started on the horrible sales of the Episode I toys.

: To add two cents to the dollars I've spouted above, I suggest they put a high-quality Indy game, toy, anything into the mass market and see how our hero sells. If, at that point, he's a failure, then at least we have reason! I mean, look at the limited-run Toys McCoy Indy! What is it, the 3rd "Best Toy" ever? However, don't look at the original PC Infernal Machine [even though it sold pretty decently]--to be honest, it wasn't very polished [exactly what has reportedly changed in the 64 title].

: Oh, and, not to add total despair, but the LucasArts "Company Store" is notorious for loooooong waits on orders. I would suggest you pay a little extra to expedite it [seeing as how you may be saving on taxes anyway].

: Well, as long as I'll have a copy in my hands by the end of the year, I'll be in good shape. Still, I'm frustated for the gaming market as a whole--not to mention how frustrated this makes me as an Indy fan.

: Aaron

: : Okay, I bought the PC game... now with the N64 will there be any difference in them... because I'm NOT going to waste nearly 50 bucks for a game I already own. Also why won't it be in stores.... this all sounds like a bunch of bull shit (yeah I saw the damned lucasarts page), also I been burned so many times ordering off the internet there would be no way in hell I would buy this unless from a store. Also has anyone noticed it's always Indy that gets a load of crap blown all over him... if it's Star Wars, everybody makes room... but not for Indy.... sorry I woke up in a pissed off mood as it is!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]