Because...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on October 30, 2000 at 11:52:04:

In Reply to: Color of FS leathers posted by HenryJ on October 29, 2000 at 12:50:00:

: Well just out of curiousity I had to ask this. I was compairing the color of a Wested to the two goat samples I recently got from Flightsuits and I noticed the chrome tanned one was a more accurate color match than the veg tanned sample. So,I'm wondering why all the excitement over this new leather's color (seal brown) when it isn't really a good match to the wested I've seen? Is it more of a match to the original than the current offerings? What color is Patterson getting his new deerskin jacket?

:
: Thanks
: HenryJ

Actually, the seal brown of the FS lambskin and veg tanned goat is pretty much a dead-on match to the color of the original jacket the FS design is based upon. The color of the Wested lambskin is actually not that accurate.

Remember, the colors on screen were altered - the hat was significantly lightened. The affect of this really leaves the fan with different options. Go with what the original looked like in the flesh - then choose the FS dark seal brown. Personally, I also like the darker color of the Wested lamb and cowhide, as well as the FS chrome tanned goat and deer. I also like the more mahogany colors of the FS horse (though I do not know if they will continue to offer it) and especially the kangaroo US Wings.

Hope the helps - cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: