My friend , I am no liberal and....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-35.col.cableone.net on October 30, 2000 at 22:43:06:

In Reply to: Mr. Fedora just made my list!.....not the good one. posted by A pissed off public servant on October 30, 2000 at 21:58:52:

: I could go on and on about the crap I put up with as a cop, but frankly don't feel like wasting my time on a liberal like yourself. This job has it's benefits, as does any job, but they are vastly outweighed by the negatives. You think you've got problems now, try drafting a bunch of nit-wits to do this highly complicated and specifically trained for job and you'll really see problems! You want the moron who doles out you food at Taco Bell to be your local neighborhood cop tomorrow?

...and with the help of the draft we won the last 2 world wars. Face it, "something" always motivates each person to choose his or her profession. I have a suspicion that folks that want to be cops, shouldn't be, period. Afterall, what sane person would want to put their life on the line, if there wasn't some other motive. And if cops were drafted, we would get a more normal cross section of people, and not just the ones that get off on the power trip inherit in the job. Our police force is just a bunch of commando wannabes, and I wish they would just enlist in the military, and retire there. I would bet that if we did draft regular civilians to police our communities, this country would be a hell of alot better off. My friend, we are moving closer and closer to a police force that resembles more of a military outfit than peace officers. And that scares the hell out of me! Liberal? I am far from that. I believe that we are giving away our constitutional rights in huge chunks, and each time police officers are given new powers by our supreme court, our personal freedom is diminished. Now throw the human equation into this, and you have a recipe for corruption, and abuses that defy common sensibilities. Power corrupts, and that is the honest truth, or a fact, if truth offends you. Draft cops for say 4 years, with no reenlistment, and you would see the corruption go down drastically. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]