Re: MK VI...would Indy have preferred it?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from 208.218.238.4 on October 31, 2000 at 12:52:55:

In Reply to: MK VI...would Indy have preferred it? posted by Indy Pete on October 31, 2000 at 08:41:15:

Hey...
I just made my own strap for my bag , and it was easy.
Go to your leather shop, and they should have 'Strapping Leather'.
Buy some "Chicago Screws", a couple of rings (if your bag is missing the correct ones), and a buckle the strap will fit through.

I didn't go by a specific width for the strap...I just sort of eyeballed it. Also just get one that is ALOT longer than you'll think you need...I used the extra from mine for a very nice whip holder.

Run the thing over your shoulder, and double one end (This is where the buckle will sit) until you think it looks right on you. Trim the excess, and then attach the strap to the bag. Easy!!

Attaching the strap is a bit difficult to explain in text, but here goes :

Your buckle has a center post. One end of the strap hooks here with one of your screws. Loop the strap from the buckle down through one of the rings on your bag, and then back up through the buckle, over the center post, and on to the other ring on the other side of the bag. Attach here with another screw. Done! And the strap is now adjustable.

Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, please feel free to email me!

Indiana Jimmie

: just a thought...
: i got the MK VI bag from "What Price Glory", because i had ordered it from jerry before i had heard about the roadster factory. he had said that the only bags he had left were kind of used and abused (AND he seemed to think this was a BAD Thing! it looks GREAT!)

: well, i didn't wanna cancel on him, and it turns out that i think indy would have used this bag if he'd had the chance. i feel it's more "versatile". it has more pockets and more rings on it that are just beggin to have something attached to 'em (dunno what, keys? swatches? other tools?)

: either way, it's a great bag, but sadly, i DO believe he confirmed the reports of him being out of these bags AND the MK VII bags as well! now, as far as i know, the only good place to get the bags is from the roadster factory, and i'll be ordering one from them soon (cause i should have a back up...i lose things! hehehe)

: one other thought that i also posted on indygear.com:

: ...i'm going to get a new strap made. but i don't really know where to start. i may have missed it, but i couldn't find the old diagram with all the stats that used to be on this site (but then again, my computer is slow and may have not gotten it)

: i'd like the following stats, if anyone could help:

: what length? (i think 71", but i'm not sure)

: width? (inch?)

: what else do i need to tell the "leather-people" when giving them my specs for the strap?

: thanks guys
: indy pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: