Re: Best leather..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace064.utsi.edu on November 01, 2000 at 12:14:04:

In Reply to: Best leather.. posted by HenryJ on October 31, 2000 at 23:01:34:

From the samples I've looked at, I'll say the goatskin is tighter in terms of grain, though it looks great, and the deerskin (suprisingly enough) is a pretty close match in terms of tightness. Deerskin does breathe better than goat...something to consider if you live in a warmer climate. I'm opting for the deerskin now, though before yesterday I had my doubts. The samples sold me. Regards. Michaelson

: I've been pondering over this for quite some time. I want to get a Flightsuit jacket and am not sure what leather to get it in. I've heard that deer is good and so is goat and am torn between the two. After doing several searches online and found nothing about either. So now I'm asking you jacket wise men which is the overall leather? I am looking for a leather which will handle well in no matter what climate I place it in (because I travel a lot because of my military background). I've heard good things about both deer and goat and want to know which one can handle great in wet, cold, dry, and hot climates and embody the Indy name.

: Thanks
: HenryJ

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: