When I talked to White about LC

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kent Allard from dial55.insolwwb.net on November 01, 2000 at 16:31:50:

In Reply to: Re: Custom Hatter posted by Patterson on November 01, 2000 at 14:21:39:

: : Who owns a hat from the Custom Hatter? Is his hat better than the HJ or a PB? Like which movie-hat does it look?
: : If you have one please post also some pictures.

: : Cheers,
: : Indiana Adrian

: While I do not own one, I was fortunate enough to be able to have one on loan for a time to compare to the PB. I have likewise had access to the HJ Poet for similar comparisons.

: The White hat is much like the PB in concept - custom made to your head shape and to the look you desire. The look acheived by Gary White on the specimen I had access to was very, very good - a dead-ringer for the RotLA hat. It is a very soft and fine fur felt hat, and you definitely pay for that! White has claimed he made the hats for Last Crusade, though HJ hotly disputes this claim. Personally, I believe HJ on this.

: In my book, the Peters Brothers hat is superior to either the HJ or GW hats I've examined. It is less expensive, though superior based on my own personal criterea - look, construction, durability, and quality of construction. Also, I'm not too impressed with the customer service at HJ - they've been downright rude to me. On GW - I would hesitate simply because of their claim to have provided hats for LC.

: The PB is genuinly one of the last bargains we have out there.

: One other thing to consider? If you wear a smaller hat size, the Indiana Miller is a good alternative at $115. The felt is not nearly as rigid and durable as the PB, and the cost differential is only $70, but I know sometimes that is important.

: Hope this helps!

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Hey quickly dismissed it saying, oh no, but we have made for the movies. Then he quickly changed the subject back to Indy!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]