I personally like the retro look in dress

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-49.col.cableone.net on November 01, 2000 at 23:26:23:

In Reply to: Ya bunch o' copy cats posted by indiana smith on November 01, 2000 at 22:35:53:

: You know... a couple of days ago, a friend and I were discussing that distinct "indy" look, when I realized something. Exact Replication doesn't reeeeeeeeally matter... what I'm saying is the "indy" look is great! I love it! but... Why not take the "indy" look and tweak it a little?? I mean... I know how cool it is to have the ORIGINAL herman johnson hat, and the wested raiders jacket, but why not build upon the original idea so we don't have a gazillion and a half indiana joneses runing around humming the theme song? What I'm saying, is, maybe get a White fedora with a different brim length... or maybe just wear a different type of leather jacket?? Now I can definently admit that from time to time i want to duplicate the exact look, but not be a mindless "INDIANA DRONE". anyway... just a thought...

The way Indy dresses is a throw back to the era in which he lived. Of course you must add a little Hollywood in the mix, but basically he looks like he is from the 30's. And I happen to really like this look. Before I got into his particular style, I owned a few A-2 jackets, and always thought it looked great with khaki pants, and this was before these pants came back into style. And oddly enough I have always worn hats, and often wondered how they ever went out of style, if you discount the cowboy hats, that have never went out of style. I will have to admit that I have owned several western hats, but never the 4 inch brim variety. And a few safari hats, and numerous straw hats. After seeing my first Indy movie, I have opted for fedoras ever since. I wear fedoras everywhere I go, except to church, where I would have to take it off anyway. I am more apt to wear my A-2 than my Wested, because I love the era and history behind this jacket. I guess I am an anchronism. I am not a very stylish person in the current fashion sense, although my wife has loaded me up with sportswear that is in vogue now. And I do appease here from time to time, but never feel comfortable until I get back into my regular clothes. I guess I do stand out in a group, but this is understandable when everyone looks like a clone of everyone else. Never understood why fashion changes anyhow. Regards, fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]