Funny thing...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on November 02, 2000 at 18:33:59:

In Reply to: Re: Retro and vintage clothing? posted by Professor Jones on November 02, 2000 at 13:30:49:

I've dressed that way all my life, and when I was younger was made fun of by my elders (of all people!) who said I dressed like an old man. Now, all of a sudden, my fedora, leather jacket and pocket watches are in style, ergo, I am too! Guess what goes around, finally comes BACK around someday. Well, when this style of dress goes back OUT of style, you'll still find me wearing it. That's just the way it is. (grins) Regards. Michaelson

: : Hey gang,
: : Fedora made some interesting comments earlier, seems he considers
: : himself an anachronist, a lover of things past in a present setting.
: : He isn't alone. I agree with earlier sentiments that the Indy 'look' is not always about exact replication. Indy's outfit is great, yes, but consider how good he looked in that white dinner jacket, or the Irish tweed suits. He looked good in a trenchcoat, in a necktie or a bowtie, and in that worsted wool suit that he wore in Venice. His dressing gown in Raiders was great!
: : He would have looked good in a cotton safari jacket, with knee-high lace-up boots,or in a photographers vest.
: : I myself have a number of early men's fashions pieces. I have 3 pairs of suede spats, 15 detachable collars, 7 cravats, 2 pocketwatches w/ fobs, 4 fedoras, 2 bowlers, a beaver bell crown, a silk top hat, kidskin gloves, a smoking jacket, a chesterfeild overcoat and a number of lapeled single and double-breasted vests.
: : I am a firm believer that we males never give our wardrobes enough attention, so if you find yourself wearing Indy's fedora with a shooting vest, or the leather jacket over a quality sweater, don't worry...Indy probably did the same. There is nothing Indy wore ( clothing here, not equipment or weapons)that cannot be incorporated quite nicely with other garments. Try it, you'll like it.
: : The Spatsman

: I whole-heartedly agree with you... I wear 30s and 40s clothing items
: regularly... the fedora out to a nice dinner in a suit, my leather
: indy jacket with khakis (sp?) for a casual night out, etc. Finish
: the outfits off with a period wristwatch or pocketwatch and I'm ready.

: Regards,
: Professor Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: