He don't care..i dont' care

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Fan 02380432 from nas-109-37.phoenix.navipath.net on November 02, 2000 at 22:09:13:

In Reply to: Re: Lucas's Alien Nation posted by New Jersey Hughes on November 02, 2000 at 11:55:49:

: : Your Right...He doesn't owe us anything. He lives in that big house with the big yard and nice car because of the lottery, or inheritance, etc.

: I'm a little confused here, perhaps it's your sarcasm,

Yes, Complete sarcasm.

: Now, if this is true, what exactly where you thinking when buying theatre tickets to Lucasfilm movies, or STAR WARS toys, or INDIANA JONES video games? Were you thinking 'I really don't want this videogame or toy (or whatever), but DO I want Lucas to have the money- but he better do something constructive with it! Otherwise, I'll feel sore and betrayed by his ingratitude' I'm curious as to what you feel you were investing in, when seeing a Lucasfilm, or buying Lucasfilm merchandising, above and beyond what the cashier handed you back?

: When you spend $7 on a movie ticket, you get to see a movie, and THAT'S IT. End of transaction. Same with a toy or game or book or poster. You got what you paid for, no more, no less. You are not investing in the future, no matter how you want to look at it. If you feel that you are in some way being robbed, or are being forced to support a tycoon whose decisions you don't care for, the perhaps the police or store security can help you with that man with holding the gun to your head, forcing to buy unwanted merchandise. Lucasfilm products aren't crack cocaine; it's not addictive, and no one's making you 'support' George Lucas' endeavors, which SEEMS to be what your opening comment is about (if I'm wrong, please correct me). Every penny you've ever spent on Lucasfilm product has garnered you an immediate return. If you don't care for what Lucas does with his profits from that, fine. Feel free to hate it. We're all entitled to our opinions. But don't sit there and try to act like you're owed something more than what you've already gotten.

All fans ask for is to be appreciated. Chicago Cubs..wow...horrible.
But they appreciate there fans and because of that, they sell out
seats. Lucas...well...If he keeps up this tiresome crap-a-thon called
the 'first trilogy of star wars' and not giving fans something
to cheer about...the lines will start to form at the Battle Field Eart
sequal....(yeah, that's scary.)

Here let me break it down Barney style for ya..... You claim to be
an artist...let's say you make something really great...and
make millions and millions and millions off of it. and then make
another and another in a series of art...and make more money.

Then when your fans say "hey, can you release that art in a frame
for us to hang on our walls?" (not to cheat you..but because
they liked it so much, they want the best version) and you ignore them, raise your nose,
and walk into the sunset because you feel your better than them?, don't owe
them anything? or feel they owe you something? You actually
think that's okay? Lucas does....and that's my point.

And to top that off...I'm not exactly sure why you even care to try to understand my point of view.

My real point? You seem to praise a man who made a 'movie' and owe him the "world." To me..that's strong.
I owe my world to our founding fathers, men from wars, and explorers to the west....but hell,
I guess a 'movie' can take the place of that. Hell, most people
probably spend more time in a movie line than voting booth anyhow.
Perhaps a difference of opinion, but I think perspective seems to be
the main difference.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: