More answers

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on November 03, 2000 at 12:42:59:

In Reply to: More questions posted by Coil, Dave Coil on November 02, 2000 at 21:54:44:

Yes, it's fairly durable, but not to the length of the Peters fedora. It's steamed into shape, so once it cools will remain fairly stiff. Yes, I'd say it will last for several years, though I have no idea what you're planning to do with it. I have a Broner (Bailey) fedora that I've worn since 1985 and it's still as good as the day I got it, probably better now with the new sweatband replacement. I'd put the Miller probably a notch above my old Broner in terms of felt quality, but then it could all be from how I treat mine. This is definitely the one for the LC look. You could order either the fixed or open crown versions. Either way you're going to have to steam the things to get the bash you want, as well as pull out that (to use the well worn phrase) "brim from hell" they put into the thing. It can, though, be easily shaped with steam. I have mine in the LC version as well, and it's dead on. No, you're going to have to go through Miller, as it is their brand and version, so you're pretty much stuck there. If you need to talk anymore on this, feel free to contact me offline at either my IndyGear address, or my email address. Either way, I'm always open to talk shop. Regards. Michaelson

: Ok, I know I ask a lot of these, as my good friend indiana smith pointed out to me. But it's really been helping me with narrowing down the search for the fedora in my price range. Apparently it seems to be the way to go. So here's some questions about the Indiana Miller.

: 1. Is it pretty durable?

: 2. Is it pretty rigid? this matters a lot to me. Is it pretty hard, or is it soft and flimsy?(nasty obscene reference here)

: 3. I'd like to use this much in the same matter as Indy used his. For EVERYTHING! Can this be possible? Is it strong enough for me to own it for a few years and still endure the stress of a beating that it may recieve?

: 4. I like the LC look a little more than the RotLA look, is this the hat to shoot for? Sub question: Should I get the unbashed version or is the store crafted version ok?

: 5. and Finally, can you buy it in most hat stores? or do you have to go to a miller retailer or buy it off the website?

: Ok that's it, I can pretty much guarentee you this will be the last round of hat questions, as always, your opinions are helpful. Thank you all

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]