Re: Mark allen VS david morgan, in a death defying battle of skill and craftsmanship

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from A050-1034.FLNT.splitrock.net on November 04, 2000 at 00:18:43:

In Reply to: Mark allen VS david morgan, in a death defying battle of skill and craftsmanship posted by Indy Pete on November 03, 2000 at 07:08:59:

: ok, another question...

: mark allen's indy style bullwhip isn't the "authentic" bullwhip used in the movies...ok, but it's also a bit cheaper than the david morgan(and therefore earns a lot of points) but since i've handled neither in my hands, i'd like to know others opinions.

: i've worked with bullwhips before, but it was for a medieval faire and the whips that i could get there are "eccentric"...i.e. strange colors, blah blah blah...i'm tryin to make a costume here, so i'd like either the mark allen, or the david morgan...

: thanks guys
: pete

Pete, They are both excellent bullwhips and you wouldn’t go wrong with either, However I honestly feel David Morgan’s bullwhip is slightly better. There are some differences between the two whips such as the design of the Turkshead and weight of the whip ,however they both handle very well. If your basis is for a costume Mark’s world probably better suit your requirements, however for authenticity David Morgan is the way to go. Is the David Morgan bullwhip worth the extra cost? Probably not, but that’s up to you to decide. In either case your getting a great whip, so get what you feel most comfortable with.

By the way David Morgan is still making the Indy series and his classic bullwhips himself, although he does have apprentices making the quirts and signal whips.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]