Re: Bullwhip videos......

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from A050-1034.FLNT.splitrock.net on November 04, 2000 at 00:31:58:

In Reply to: Bullwhip videos...... posted by Hector on November 01, 2000 at 11:23:59:

: Hi guys- I`ve been contemplating ordering a video from this guy for the longest time as I have seen much of his work and it is BEAUTIFUL and combat orientated. He was the whip master for Michelle Phiffer in Batman Returns and has done work in several other films. His videos look like they would have some great stuff. Just thought I`d share this info with anyone who might find it interesting or I`d like to hear a review of anyone who has seen the videos. I had a making of Batman videos that had a good 15 minute interview with him and he really demonstrates some AWESOME moves with his prefered brand of whip, the David Morgan bullwhip. Let me know what cha think....-Hector

This topic actually came up over in the On-line Whip Enthusiasts group last week, The Mastering the bullwhip volumes 1 and 2 by Anthony Delongis are pretty good. The quality of the tapes themselves are sometimes a little iffy for the price, however; the information and techniques are quite good and his teaching method is straightforward and easy to follow. He presents some neat stuff that is not usually covered in some of the other whip teaching
videos. If you're a fan of his work in the movies or the "Delongis style" in general, I really don't think you will be disappointed.

Anthony usually uses whips made by Terry Jacka, they are similar to the bullwhips used in Batman Returns carried by David Morgan, but they have an extended handle more like a target whip. Also Anthony Delongis was involved with the new TV show “Queen of swords”. That has some whip work in it. It airs in syndication so check your local listings.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]